- Download http://www.schooner.com/~loverso/no-ads/no-ads.zip
- Unzip the contents (no-ads.pac) in your home directory
- open gnome-network-preferences
- choose Automatic Proxy Configuration
- type in: file:///home/homedir/no-ads.pac (where “homedir”should be replaced by your home directory)
Maybe distributors should think about including such a thing as a standard? So maybe as a shared file for many different browsers. GNOME people always told be nobody wants different proxies for different browsers – so consequently sure everybody wants an adblocker.
I could also think of a preference application that helps to edit such a file. This could also be inside the gnome-network-preferences. I think I am going to file a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org, if it does not yet exist.